Full Job Description
Department: Grande Sports World / Barça Academy
Status: Exempt (Salary)
Position: Goalkeeper Coach
REPORTS TO: Academy Director
PLACE OF WORK: GSW and the Soccer Fields
To instruct and work with soccer athletes to prepare them for competition specific to the goalkeeping position. Develop strategy, planning, running practice sessions, and motivating the individual and team. The coach must be a strong communicator with excellent supervisory skills. The coach must be organized and able to delegate, with a firm grasp of how to improve both individuals and the team as a whole. The coach needs good analytical skills, to build a successful program. The coach is required to promote the program. The coach will help players perfect their abilities, keep them fit to compete, and teach them to stay calm under the pressure of competitive play. Coach must understand US Soccer and MLS Rules and Policies regarding MLS Next youth and Elite Academy platforms. Coach must also actively place graduating student athletes in top Division I II, III and NJCAA programs, based on talents and academies.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To instruct and work with all academy goalkeepers to prepare them for competition.
- Develop strategy, planning and running goalkeeping practice sessions.
- Work with team Head coaches to implement specific goalkeeper IDP’s.
- Lead all Goalkeeper sessions for Talent ID events and help identify future prospective academy members.
- Lead and manage summer goalkeeper camp.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must be a strong motivator and communicator.
- Able to improve the skill levels and perfect the abilities of all players.
- Coordinate, build and maintain US Soccer, MLS, NASL, USL relationships.
- Must actively place graduating student athletes in top Division I II, III and NCAA programs, based on talents and academies
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
USSF “B” Coaching License
USSF Goalkeeping Diploma
- Long hours and weekends on the job. Occasional travel to other locations for soccer matches.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communicator and motivator.
- Ability to build a strong team.
- Ability to improve the skill levels and perfect the abilities of all players.
- Ability to promote the program.
- Ability to walk, run, stand, kick, lift legs, arms, hands and be physically able to teach and train soccer.
- Ability to be outside.
Must be authorized to work in the Untied States.