Full Job Description
The position schedule:
- Saturday 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Sunday 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Monday 2:30pm – 10:30pm
- Tuesday 2:30pm – 10:30pm
Department: Front Office Status: Hourly
Position: Front Desk Agent
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Front Office Operations
PLACE OF WORK: Front Desk
For our 44 room Resort and Sports Facility, create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all guests, in a professional and courteous manner. Handle Front Desk registration and departure processes, make reservations, liaise with all departments on preparation of rooms, maintain guest satisfaction. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent computer skills.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all guests, in a professional and courteous manner.
2. Handle Front Desk registration and departure processes
3. Make reservations; be familiar with the different packages that we offer to guests. Promote and up-sell rooms.
4. Maintain guest satisfaction. Have the knowledge and be empowered to solve any guest issues. Show understanding of guests’ needs and provide meaningful service.
5. Liaise with Housekeeping Department on preparation of rooms.
6. Completion of all daily tasks and reports. Smooth interaction between Front
Desk shifts, passing along all needed information.
7. Responsibility for taking care of things quickly and effectively.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft office, visual One property management system.
10. Welcome opportunities to learn, change and grow.
11. Teamwork is essential in this position, to provide our guests with a satisfying stay which exceeds the guests’ expectations.
12. Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures.
13. Maintain house bank and handle all checks and cash according to resort policies.
14. Communicate all pertinent information on VIP’s to all departments on any special needs.
15. Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of all resort amenities, the Resort’s history, and activities, sight-seeing, shopping in Casa Grande and surrounding areas.
16. Solicit guest feedback via guest comment cards.
17. Answer the phone in a professional manner and assist guests with any questions, directions to the resort, etc.
18. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.19. Professional appearance, following the Standards of Appearance guidelines.
19. All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Hotel front office experience a plus. If not, general office and customer service skills required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, write and understand English.
Knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, including Visual One property management system.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Professional and courteous telephone skills.
Outstanding hospitality skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Ability to make sound judgments.
Ability to multi-task.
Ability to stand at the front desk during shift.
Ability to work unsupervised
**Flexible schedule required, to include days, nights, weekends and Holidays. Full time position with split shifts: 7:30 AM – 3:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 10:30 PM.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.50 – $13.85 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)