Director Residence Life
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director, Barca Residency Academy USA
PLACE OF WORK: Grande Sports World
The Director of Residence Life is a challenging and hands-on position which requires total commitment. The candidate must provide all aspects of customer service, including cultivating relationships and building rapport with parents and students to bring a comfort level to them when discussing their son’s attendance at the Academy. The Director of Residency Life must provide prompt client communication.
The Director of Residence Life must provide the highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics. Have the ability to think strategically and have strong organizational skills. Have an understanding of the passion for sport with an innovative, energetic and self-motivated attitude. Be a goal setter with strong time-management skills. Be an excellent communicator with effective writing skills and the poise and ability to present oneself well to others.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Director of Residence Life is responsible for the total administration and operation of a resident community, including hiring, training and managing RA’s to follow the policies and procedures of the company, including Core Values, Standards of Service and Appearance Standards.
· Work with students to develop and maintain an atmosphere conducive to study and community living, and encourage students to take responsibility for developing a community atmosphere.
- Provide advice and support to students, including identifying problem situations, writing reports. Address student code of conduct violations and confront behavior when necessary. Determine and take appropriate corrective action and discipline.
· Cultivate relationships and create a re-assuring rapport with parents and students.
· Advise and provide appropriate referrals for all students in need of professional services. Assist the students to graduate from High School, maintain academic eligibility and work with the coaches to ensure the students receive college scholarships.
· Provide excellent communication with RA’s, Director of Recruiting, Director of Marketing, Director of Transportation, Food and Beverage Director, Soccer Coaches, Schools, Tutors, General Manager and Directors of Resort. Respond promptly to all “in-house” communications.
· Respond promptly to all student athlete and client communications.
· Conduct resident room inspections. Report maintenance and housekeeping problems to appropriate personnel, follow-up to ensure work is completed. Issue service hours for the student athletes that fail to uphold the cleanliness standard.
· Oversee and supervise the RA’s with the non-academic programs for the students, like hiking, sight-seeing, theatre visits, shopping trips, community outreach and so on.
· Set up a RA on Duty roster with yourself and the RA’s as to who is on site at all times and available to keep track of the students and their activities. There is to be at least one RA on property at all times and to take care of emergency needs of residents.
· Be a sounding board and a good listener to the students, whether it is home sickness, school issues, and other student issues. Be available for them.
· Manage transportation to and from the facility for the resident students.
· Attend weekly resort staff meetings.
· Work closely with the Food and Beverage Department and Coaching staff to formulate the BEO schedule for all academy meals onsite. Coordination and ordering for away matches and team travel.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BA or greater in Behavioral Science, or related field and minimum of three years of Residence Hall experience. Counseling skills.
· Knowledge of student development theory and practice.
· Skill in mentoring, and in providing leadership to students.
· Supervisory skills.
· Skill in organizing, developing solutions to a variety of problem situations.
· Skill in dealing with a variety of highly confidential information, records and sensitive situations in an effective manner.
· Presentation skills. Skill in gathering, compiling, and presenting information in oral and/or written form. Excellent computer skills, to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with staff, students and the public. Skills in working in a diverse multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population.
· Knowledge of administrative practices; organizational skills.
· Strong work ethic. High level of responsiveness and professionalism.
· Goal setter, who is organized with attention to detail.
· An innovative, energetic and self-motivated attitude.
· Work Director/Senior Level hours and respond to business demands.
Ability to establish and maintain effective student and staff relationships.
Ability to work independently. Must be able to multi-task and see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions and make independent decisions.
Poise with ability to present oneself well to others.
Ability to walk the property, climb stairs and be outdoors.
Ability to drive:
Valid driver's license with clean license for five years
EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS:
This position meets the Fair Labor Standards (FLSA) Act for Exempt Employee category, which includes a complete exemption from its minimum wage and overtime requirements for employees employed in a bona fide executive, administrative, professional, or outside sales capacity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.