Position: Junior Resident Advisor, Summer Campers Program
REPORTS TO: Director of Residence Life
PLACE OF WORK: Grande Sports World / Barça Residency Academy, USA
The Resident Advisor (RA) serves as an educator, counselor, administrator, role model, friend, and team member for the Campers who attend the Summer Camp Programs at Grande Sports Academy / Barça Residency Academy, USA. The Campers who attend the Summer Soccer Camps are ages 7 to 18.
The Junior RA position, by its very nature, requires an individual who is acutely sensitive to the needs of students; can be flexible regarding time demands, is willing and able to relate to a wide variety of individuals; can perform essential administrative tasks, and has a genuine desire to be of service to others. The RA’s must work together as a team to ensure consistency of policies, the fluidity of the schedule and that each RA has their respective time off.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Be available and accessible to the Campers. Serve as the after-hours staff for any emergencies within the residence halls.
2. Keep Campers informed of important dates and activities.
3. Ensure a clean, safe and positive atmosphere for students in the residence halls.
4. Provide transportation, using company vehicles, for Campers.
5. Assist with the maintenance of the locker-room and PC, equipment, water bottles, etc.
6. Supervise the Campers cleaning up after eating in the Dining Lounge.
7. Respond to texts, calls and email daily, especially from other RA’s and Campers.
8. Participate in staff meetings to exchange information, assist in the problem solving process, decision-making process and present support materials as needed.
9. Complete all paperwork and assignments as requested by the Director of Residence Life and submit them in a timely manner.
10. Be a team player.
1. Confront Campers who break a rule, and take appropriate action.
2. Cooperate with and support other staff members.
Role Modeling & Attitude:
1. Lead by example and influence, promote and encourage responsible behavior among Campers.
2. Act as a positive role model both for fellow staff members and Campers by not participating in questionable or unethical behavior.
3. Maintain confidentiality with staff-related or camper matters, including incident documentation, health issues and disciplinary status of Campers.
4. Treat fellow employees and campers with courtesy and respect.
5. Assess needs and interests of Campers by interacting with them on a regular basis.
6. Have a positive attitude about camper life, and work to motivate Campers in their athletic and personal lives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
For RA Summer Temporary Position – Categorized as a Contractor Basis
College Degree preferred
Computer knowledge, to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook)
Have a positive attitude
Personable – ability to mentor Campers
Work with confidential information
Ability to walk the property
Ability to climb stairs
Ability to stand, sit and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
Ability to lift 50 lbs
For the period of time during the summer months of supervising and working with Campers, Junior RA is on a Contractor Basis, payment is provided bi-weekly at $12 per hour based on the hours worked. Position includes all meals on scheduled days. A Contractor Agreement will be provided for review and signature: position requires a W9 Tax Form completed.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.