RA for Barca Academy, Casa Grande AZ
Department: Barça Academy
Status: Exempt (Salary)
Position: Resident Advisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Residence Life
PLACE OF WORK: Barça Academy, Casa Grande, AZ
Please note: Candidates must be aged 25 or older for this position. Our Insurance Broker has advised that drivers of company vehicles must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
We are a full-time year round soccer residency program partnered with FC Barcelona for male teenage student athletes between the ages of 13-19 years old.
The Resident Advisor (RA) serves as an educator, counselor, administrator, role model and team member for the Barça residents. The RA works to create and maintain a healthy environment for the academic, athletic and personal growth of the students. The nature of the position is such that its responsibilities are determined not so much by a time clock or a calendar, but by the needs of residents. Some periods will require more time than average, and responsibilities will arise that cannot always be anticipated and scheduled. The RA position, by its very nature, requires an individual who is acutely sensitive to the needs of students; can be flexible regarding time demands, is willing and able to relate to a wide variety of individuals; is knowledgeable about the student-athlete experience, can perform essential administrative tasks, and has a genuine desire to be of service to others. The RA’s must work together as a team to ensure consistency of policies, the fluidity of the schedule, and that each RA has their respective time off.
RA will be a resident of the Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort. RA will be expected to assume some “RA-On Duty” day, night and weekend shifts. The RA On Duty is expected to be on property and will be part of the Security and RA Team that conducts Room Checks -- 9:30pm on weekdays, and 10:30pm on weekends.
· Assists the team with laundry and manages student-athletes in the locker-room. Assist with the maintenance of the locker-room and PC, equipment, water bottles etc.
· Supervise the players cleaning up after eating in the dining lounge.
· Manage and supervise the Group Chores on site as well as Community Outreach Volunteerism.
· Be on-call for impromptu driving as needed (i.e. medical care appointments, urgent care, academy errands, etc.) Maintains communication with the Transportation Department and prepares lists for off-site excursions (Volunteerism, haircuts, Walmart, movies, mall, museum & festival trips etc.)
· Respond to texts, calls and email daily, especially from other RA’s and students. While “On-Duty” update daily log. Monitor student athletes departing from and returning to campus.
· Complete all paperwork and assignments as requested and submit them in a timely manner.
· Be a team player!
Programming & Community Development
· Encourage student involvement and volunteerism in the community.
· Be regularly available and accessible to address resident needs or concerns.
· Perform as a mediator in conflicts among residents and staff.
· Work cooperatively with residents to ensure an environment that displays respect for the rights and privacy of others and promotes consideration of individual needs in a group living environment.
· Respond appropriately to students in crisis--physical, emotional, through assessment, action, or referral to another RA and follow-up.
· Communicates policies and the rationale behind them to residents.
· Confront residents who break a rule and take appropriate action while adhering to the Barça Academy Code of Conduct guidelines.
· Cooperate with and support other staff members.
Role Modeling & Attitude
· Lead by example, have a positive attitude about resident life and work to motivate students in their academic, athletic and personal lives by encouraging responsible behavior among residents.
· Act as a positive role model both for fellow staff members and residents by not participating in questionable or unethical behavior.
· Maintains confidentiality with staff or student related matters, including incident documentation, health issues and disciplinary status of residents.
· Treat fellow employees and students with courtesy and respect.
· Assesses needs and interests of residents by interacting with them on a regular basis.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
· Skill in communications, interpersonal skills in interaction with students, teachers, parents and members of the Francisco Grande/GSW team.
· Knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of counseling particularly as they apply to young adults.
· Knowledge of planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating student programs and services.
· Skill in mentoring and providing leadership to students.
· Skill in recognizing, analyzing and developing solutions to a variety of problem situations as they relate to residency students.
· Ability to work with highly confidential information.
· Computer proficient in Excel and Word.
· Knowledge and participation in sports essential.
· In addition to items noted above, ability to walk the property, climb stairs, ability to stand, ability to lift 50 lbs.
College degree preferred
Minimum of two years experience in residential housing for students.
Barça Academy is part of the Grande Sports World complex at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort in Casa Grande, AZ.
Please refer to two websites: http://www.barcaacademy.com/ and http://www.franciscogrande.com/
The RA will be given a room on property to live, and meals will be provided, plus wages and benefits.
We value diversity.
Clean Driver’s License required.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS:
This position meets the Fair Labor Standards (FLSA) Act for Exempt Employee category, which includes a complete exemption from its minimum wage and overtime requirements for employees employed in a bona fide executive, administrative, professional, or outside sales capacity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.