PLAYER RECRUITMENT AND CAMP SPECIALIST FOR BARCA ACADEMY
Department: Barça Academy Status: Full Time
Position: Player Recruitment and Camp Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Recruiting and Soccer Operations
PLACE OF WORK: Barça Academy, Casa Grande, AZ
FC Barcelona (“FCB”), one of the most revered and admired soccer teams in the world, is partnering with Grande Sports Academy (“GSA”) to create the Barça Academy, a full-time year round residency program for boys aged 13-19. FCB will bring accomplished coach Denis Silva to install the methodology, coaching techniques and core values it uses at its own youth academy, La Masia, in Barcelona, Spain to Arizona. La Masia is generally recognized throughout the world as the most successful youth soccer development program in professional soccer.
FCB has almost 40 youth developmental programs worldwide, six of which are open or soon to open in the U.S. for younger players, to instill FCB’s soccer and life skills. Barça Academy will be the home of the most talented youth players, and will sit atop the FCB U.S. youth player development pyramid.
The Barça Academy will compete in the US Soccer Development Academy (“USSDA”) program in the U.S., comprised of the top 70 or so youth soccer development academies in the U.S. The Barça Academy is the first USSDA team in history to have one of the top professional soccer teams in the world providing full-time coaches and in a high-quality training, educational, and residential environment in the U.S.
Grande Sports Academy has been one of the top USSDA academies in the United States. Grande Sports Academy was the first to offer a complete residency program that included dorms, daily nutrition, a $20 million dollar superior athletic complex, safety, security, tutoring, college preparation, and to be affiliated with an MLS team. Every Grande Sports Academy graduate has signed a professional contract or earned a college scholarship to schools such as Stanford, UCLA and Virginia. Overall 68 GSA graduates have competed on one of their country’s National Teams. GSA teams have won one US Soccer Development Academy National Championship, finished second twice and competed in the National Finals in four of its first five years of existence.
Passion. Dedication. Drive. All words one would use when describing players on a highly successful sports team. They are also words we use to describe the desired characteristics of our new Player Recruitment and Camp Specialist position.
This unique sales position will provide the right person an opportunity to work in an interactive sports environment alongside the Director of Recruiting & Soccer Operations. We’re looking for an experienced sales individual that is passionate and knowledgeable about soccer to assist in developing an innovative sales strategy and be responsible for the implementation of the strategy with an ultimate goal of recruiting players for our residency program, driving soccer camps growth and success of the organization. He/she will also work closely with our Marketing Manager on various marketing and advertising initiatives for our residential soccer camp programs that will further help and support achievement of set sales targets.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture, as well as our core values: honesty, integrity, respect, commitment, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
· Assist the Director of Recruiting and Soccer Operations with effective CRM database management.
· Respond promptly to all inquiries, leads and customers communications. Set up an excellent follow-up system so that no communication is lost or falls through the cracks, and build rapport with potential customers.
· Assist with the residential camp informative tours and Q&A sessions.
· Assist with handling registrations and administrative work for all residential camps.
· Participate as an active member in brainstorming sessions and express your ideas and suggestions to the Managers you will be working with.
· Cultivate relationships and rapport within GSW and with new business prospects.
· Uphold highest level of professionalism in a business environment.
· Find personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Barça Academy culture.
· Follow the policies and procedures of Barça Academy and Francisco Grande.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Successful completion of a Bachelor degree preferred
· Previous Sales, Business Development and Client Management experience
· Entrepreneurial spirit with a sales-driven mindset and the ability to lead a team of high performing individuals
· Proven ability to problem solve and multi-task during high-stress situations
· Sound judgment, decision-making and analytical skills
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, highly organized, and demonstrated professionalism
· Previous experience with customer service
· Calm and confident demeanor, strong ability to develop rapport with both youth and adults over phone and email
· Personal values that match Grande Sports World core values
· Experience working with basic word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and CRM systems (Capsule)
· Has valid driver's license
· Ability to walk the property, climb up and down stairs, and to be outdoors.
· Must be eligible to work in United States
View our websites: barcaacademy.com franciscogrande.com
What makes working at Barça Academy so unique…
If you are a great teammate that is inspired and excited by collaboration, making lasting friendships with the most incredible and hardworking people, and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Barça Academy sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.